You need to design a great logo, a strong and unique visual identity – future proof, representative of your brand and versatile. Your brand strategy defines what you stand for, a promise you make, and the personality you convey. And while it includes your logo, colour palette and slogan, those are only creative elements that convey your brand. Instead, your brand lives in every day-to-day interaction you have with your customers…
We do all of that but to get to that magic moment, we need to build strong foundations before we even think about the design. Create and develop ideas that become actions, beyond a guidelines pdf. Planning and strategy is the key to fast and effective design. Here’s how we do it…
Strategy & Positioning
We believe the key to a strong brand is great brand strategy. We seek to understand:
- Your Customers
- Your Industry
- Your Market
- Your Competition
- Your Team
Using questionnaires, workshops and discussion together we build up your brand strategy, developing your:
- Purpose – why are you doing this
- Values – how do you work
- Personality – what are you like
- Promise – what do you offer
- Positioning – how are you different
- Tone of voice – how you ‘speak’ to your audience
- Brand messaging – core message which is clear and repeatable
Data is key! Consumers now expect outstanding services and relevant from brands. In the 2010’s and 2020’s loyalty and relevance are key (Source: Accenture). One way to dive deeper in to accurate consumer insights and data is to understand the ‘what, ‘how’ and ‘why’. We work with leading Consumer Growth Platform, Attest, to gain specialist market and consumer insights.
Duration: 1-3 weeks
Visual Identity development
Once we understand the structure of your brand, we can start to look at how this is represented visually – so that means the logo design of course, but also colour palettes, font usage, photography styling, textures and patterns.
- Visual strategy – let’s make sure you don’t look like everyone else!
- Moodboards – done together so we are all on the same page
- Initial brand concept design – usually 2-3 unique concepts presented in person, with personalised mock-ups so you can see how the brand will work in practice. From letterheads, to swing tags, signage and merchandise, we demonstrate or concepts right away.
- Feedback sessions – we find two is normally enough to finalise your identity.
Duration: 2-4 weeks
Brand guidelines & delivery
Once you have signed off on your new brand, we pull all the work together, including your strategy and positioning work and present it in a digital set of brand guidelines, along side a digital brand-pack folder that contains all of your assets exported across every format so you are ready to present your branding to the world! This brand book is the manual for your brand – what it stands for, and how to use it. It should be given to everyone who works for the brand, from staff to external printers and marketers.
These brand guidelines will tell you how to use your :
- Primary Logo
- Secondary logo
- Social media profile
- Email signature
- Colour palettes
- Do’s and don’ts
- Stock imagery in some cases
- Animation in some cases